A self-taught painter from the age of six, for Gilda Frumkin painting
is a way of living, expression and communication.
After 17 solo exhibitions, her participation in many group exhibitions
and three Biennales (Florence 2007- Izmir 2009 – London 2015) the
artist feels more than ever the desire to create and communicate with
people through her art.
Her long-lasting theme “The Human Passage”
depicts objects that from time to time people have used, needed,
bonded with, loved and that are now forgotten.
In truth, Gilda’s painting is guided by the simple elements of color, light and scent. “I
teach painting to adults since 1996 and what I’m trying to pass them is
to be honest and to love uniqueness”.
- 1996 at the Cultural center of P.Faliro – Athens
- 1997 at the Cultural center of Voula – Athens
- 1998 at the DOMINGO Gallery in Mykonos island
- 2001 at the BELLINI Gallery in Glyfada
- 2001 at the Municipal Gallery of Mykonos island
- 2002 at the Municipal Theater of Piraeus
- 2004 at the KIVOTOS Gallery in Athens
- 2004 at the cultural canter of Preveza
- 2006 at the ATHINAIS complex in Athens
- 2009 at the hotel ARION ASTIR PALACE in Athens
- 2013 at the Cultural center of Syros island
- 2015 at the Blender Gallery in Glyfada – Athens
- 2016 at the DELFINIA HOTELS in Corfu island
- 2016 at the Municipal theater “Kefalos” of Argostoli, in Kefalonia island
- 2017 at the Tsichritzi Foundation in Athens
- 2019 at the Art Appell Gallery in Athens
- 2022 BARAKA ART SPACE Spetses
- 2022 PYRGOS GALLERY Santorini
Member of the Chamber of Fine Arts of Greece
Member of the Hellenic Art Vioma
- From 1998 to 2002, in all the annual Group Exhibitions of the Voula Cultural Center.
- 1999, Attica exhibition of Painting, Sculpture, Engraving, of the Prefecture of Eastern Attica.
- From 1999 to 2003 in the annual group exhibitions of the cultural group of the Nautical Club of Vouliagmeni.
- 2000 at the Thanos Traga Art Center, in the exhibition “Spring Prayer”.
- 2002-2003 in the gallery Zolota Voulas.
- 2004 at the hotel Astir of Paros /Kivotos gallery
- 2004 ARTOWER – Athens/Peace and friendship
- 2003-2004 at the ART CITY – Athens
- 2004 Municipality of Vouliagmeni – Athens
- 2004 Zappio Hall – Athens
- 2006 OMMA Art Festival, Chania – Crete
- 2006 at the exhibition of the Rotary group of Vouliagmeni – Athens
- 2007 at the Cultural center of Athens/ exhibition”Nature and Man”
- 2007 at the Florence Biennale
- 2008 at the Dolmabachce palace in Istanbul/Erenus Gallery
- 2011 at the Izmir Bienalle
- 2014 at the Blender Gallery/exhibition “Into the Blue”
- 2015 & 2021 at the London Bienalle
- 2018 Depot art gallery Athens / nature inside
- 2020 at the Xenia hotel in Epidaurus
- 2021 OSTEN BIENNIAL of DRAWING Skopje